Aeronautical Engineering is the science involved with the study, design, and manufacture of flight-capable machines, or the techniques of operating aircraft. This course trains an engineer in designing, constructing, analyzing and testing of commercial or military aircrafts, missiles, and spacecrafts. Aerospace engineers are responsible for the research, design and production of aircraft, spacecraft, aerospace equipment, satellites and missiles. They also develop new technologies in commercial aviation, defense systems, and space exploration.
What does an Aeronautical Engineer do?
- Aeronautical engineers design, develop, test, and help manufacture commercial and military aircraft, missiles, and spacecraft.
- Aeronautical engineers also develop and design extraordinary technologies such as: supersonic jets, helicopters, space shuttles, satellites and rockets.
- Work done by aerospace engineers has made such things as speedy mail delivery and moon travel possible.
- Aerospace Engineers are working to launch a space shuttle to reach the moon.
What is the future for a Aeronautical Engineering graduate?
- Aeronautical Engineering graduates have knowledge of aerodynamics, aerospace materials, structures, propulsion, flight mechanics, and stability and control. They can find opportunities in any of the following category
- Design or Manufacturing Engineer in the aircraft-manufacturing units, Defense services and research and development organizations…..
Aeronautical Engineering Courses imparts multi-faceted ingraining to students in areas like manufacturing and development of aircraft and missiles. An aeronautical engineer can also design, test and contribute to the development of advanced technologies in the field of defense and space science.
In India aeronautical engineers are mostly employed by
- ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) and
- The Defense Minisuly.
One can also look for jobs available with the
- Civil Aviation Department,
- National Aeronautical Laboratory,
- Defense Research and Development Laboratories (DRDO) and
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
A lot of job opportunities for aeronautical engineers are also available in counulies like USA, France, UK and Germany. Therefore, aeronautical engineers from India as well as from all other parts of the world flock to these counulies. A good percentage of Indians constitute the work force of engineers and technical professionals in NASA.
Initially, candidates begin work as graduate engineer trainees or junior Engineers. Keeping in view their performance, academic background and aptitude, they are placed for ingraining in the aircraft maintenance/overhaul or support section. On completion of ingraining they are placed as assistant aircraft engineers or assistant technical officers. They have to clear departmental examinations for further promotions. They may advance to administrative or executive positions or become consultants. Aeronautical engineers are assisted by aircraft mechanics in maintenance of aircraft frame, engine, electrical system and other ancillary fittings.